Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bleachbit selection for a good scrubbing (ubuntu 18.04)
What is in Everyone Bleachbit selection for a Good scrubbing
Apt=all
Bash=history
Deep scan=0
Evolution=0
Firefox=URL history
GNOME=Search History
journald=clean
System=cache,clipboard,temp,trash
i probably need to check a lot more
Unless you know exactly what you are doing and how to reverse any mistakes, it is generally recommended to never use Bleachbit.
Cliff Coggin
Mint 18.3
(08-09-2019, 03:11 PM)cliffcoggin Wrote: Unless you know exactly what you are doing and how to reverse any mistakes, it is generally recommended to never use Bleachbit.

well that's understandable, if you don't know what you are doing don't use it but its a fantastic program.
Bleach Bit Standard
Firefox – all except DOM Storage
Flash – all
LibreOffice – all
Thumbnails – all
VLC – all

Bleach Bit Root
apt – all
bash – all
System – all except Free disc space & Memory

I am no expert here but have run this setup for years (cannot remember where I got the info from) with no problems.
(08-15-2019, 05:38 PM)Gaz511 Wrote: Bleach Bit Standard
Firefox – all except DOM Storage
Flash – all
LibreOffice – all
Thumbnails – all
VLC – all

Bleach Bit Root
apt – all
bash – all
System – all except Free disc space & Memory

I am no expert here but have run this setup for years (cannot remember where I got the info from) with no problems.
I must admit that I don't see the appeal of BleachBit or similar software. Temporary and cache files are usually well handled by either the program which created them or the system itself, so anything you "clean" are just files that would have been automatically deletes anyway at some point. Despite, I never got BleachBit to actually remove more than a single MB, which is rather small compared to even a small modern drive.
My website - My git repos

"Things are only impossible until they’re not." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
(08-17-2019, 01:05 AM)leon.p Wrote: I must admit that I don't see the appeal of BleachBit or similar software. Temporary and cache files are usually well handled by either the program which created them or the system itself, so anything you "clean" are just files that would have been automatically deletes anyway at some point. Despite, I never got BleachBit to actually remove more than a single MB, which is rather small compared to even a small modern drive.

Just run BleachBit, probably about three or four weeks since it was last run with the result which looks fairly typical for me.

BleachBit -Disc space recovered - 43.7MB / Files deleted – 475
BleachBit Root – Disc space recovered – 51.3MB / Files deleted – 141

No idea why the difference.