Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux Merch
Hi guys!

I have recently purchased some nice T-shirts and polo shirts with high-quality embroidered logos of my favorite operating system:

[Image: IMG-6320.jpg]

The company who makes these, are located in my home country but ship worldwide, it's a family business that gives donations to the projects that own the logos for the clothes. They have merch with the logos of the preferred distros of Ezeelinux users, such as Mint, Ubuntu, or Ubuntu MATE.

I have nothing but the best impressions with their products, the shipping was fast, their communication with the customer is seamless and very friendly. If you are interested, you can find them at www.hellotux.com

I have no financial interest in selling their products, I am only sharing my opinion as one of their satisfied customers.
I am working on an Arch installation in a VM that will be moved to an USB stick.
I have heard many great things about this group.  Thanks for sharing your experience.   Smile

And now for the distro war fun:  Of course Ubuntu MATE is best for general desktop deployment.   Wink
Jeremy (Mr. Server)

* Desktop: Ubuntu MATE
* Windows are for your walls, Apple is for your health, Linux is for your computer
Interesting! That is definitely different from the typical Linux-ish merchandise: laptop stickers (of which I have far to many, despite owning multiple laptops). I might get myself one with Tux.

Quote:And now for the distro war fun:  Of course Ubuntu MATE is best for general desktop deployment.

I had the best experience with installing debian on peoples devices. My mother, grandmother and about three of my friends use it without any issues. Interestingly, my grandmothers preffered desktop is WindowMaker while my friends and mother are using KDE.
My website - My git repos

"Things are only impossible until they’re not." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
(08-02-2019, 05:23 PM)leon.p Wrote: Interesting! That is definitely different from the typical Linux-ish merchandise: laptop stickers (of which I have far to many, despite owning multiple laptops). I might get myself one with Tux.

Quote:And now for the distro war fun:  Of course Ubuntu MATE is best for general desktop deployment.

I had the best experience with installing debian on peoples devices. My mother, grandmother and about three of my friends use it without any issues. Interestingly, my grandmothers preffered desktop is WindowMaker while my friends and mother are using KDE.

I have been using MATE as my desktop of choice, and Ubuntu MATE as distro of choice.

However, I've gotten sick of Canonical's policies. I tried to compile GTK2, a dependency for another program. It would NOT compile, and I NEED Aqualung, which is a music player I use to do a college radio show. MIXXX isn't what I want, or need.

So, knowing that Aqualung is in the AUR, I tried Manjaro MATE (of course) out. It built Aqualung by itself, and worked perfectly. So, Manjaro MATE is what i will use henceforth. Manjaro is as user-friendly as Ubuntu, and that's praise from me. Today, there was an update in the source code and a recompilation, and Canonical will tell you is "not being developed."

Feh. Angry

There are 2 kinds of people in the world: Three Stooges fans, and women.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who know binary, and those who don't.
(08-02-2019, 01:57 PM)cleverwise Wrote: And now for the distro war fun:  Of course Ubuntu MATE is best for general desktop deployment.   Wink

I'm fickled, I like Mint 18.3, MX-Linux, Solus Budgie, Manjaro Cinnamon.
I usually recommend Mint, MX-Linux or Peppermint, MATE for the Desktop's to new folks. Mostly depends on their hardware.
Linux is Linux, ( I'm going to get blasted for saying that! Sorry Arch Folks) but folks look at the Desktops and that makes their choice of distro's. Well that is the way I started anyway... LOL 
LLAP
Taglines of the Day:
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.  Huh 

Everybody remember where we parked. - Kirk

To Boldly Go Where No BBS Has Gone Before. USS Stargazer BBS, Sheridan In.