Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XBT vs BU
I have been using XBT for a long time. Is there any reason I should switch to BU?

Richard
(07-25-2019, 03:20 PM)Richard Wrote: I have been using XBT for a long time. Is there any reason I should switch to BU?

Richard

Depends if you are happy to use terminal commands for BU. Personally I am happy with XBT and don't plan to change.
Cliff Coggin
Mint 18.3
I've used both and both have worked well for me. By the time Joe brought out BU, I had stopped using the XBT menu and had been using it exclusively from the command line for a while, so the switch made sense for me.

It's a matter of personal preference but keep in mind that Joe is no longer supporting XBT. Joe explained the differences in is BU video and his reasons for developing BU.
I am using Grsync for Home Directory and Timeshift for operating system. I think both are very nice programs and have had no trouble with either one. I also like the looks of Aptik and may go with it in near future!
XBT is no longer being developed and is therefore "feature complete". This means that no new features will be added. If you are happy with the features XBT offers I see no reason to not use it, as it does not have any major bugs to my knowledge.

However, since BU is newer, it might be better designed. And if 'rsync' ever changes its syntax or functionality, BU will get an update, while XBT might not.
My website - My git repos

"Things are only impossible until they’re not." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard