Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can i put a file in iso that are there after install?
I tried that Ubuntu forum. That thing is weird. This forum is much better. Anyway

So i want to config the ubuntu iso or a Any Linux iso, like i want to put a file inside
File System > usr > share > x11 > xorg.conf.d

And it needs to be there after install. How can i do that?
The file i want to add is a .conf file, that i need.

Any advice?
I'm going to be honest with you, doing that for any Linux distro ISO will be a lot more work than it is probably worth. 

First of all, consider that the files aren't stored on a cd/iso image in actual directories. They are stored in package management files. ".deb" for Debian/Ubuntu distros and ".rpm" for Red Hat/Fedora distros. So you would want to either find the package that contains your directory and add your file to the package and then recreate the iso image, or create a special package containing your file and instructions on where to put it at install time. Either way that part alone will be pretty complex.

Then you have to remaster the ISO with your new package. Here's an indication of what adding a new package file to a Debian ISO will take:

[/url][url=https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Modify/CD]Add a package to Debian ISO

I wish I had a simple answer, but I'm not sure there is an easy answer. Especially if you want to do this with many different Linux Distro packages.
Should there be smoke coming from my CPU??
(07-02-2019, 10:11 PM)klokkefriken Wrote: I tried that Ubuntu forum. That thing is weird. This forum is much better. Anyway

So i want to config the ubuntu iso or a Any Linux iso, like i want to put a file inside
File System > usr > share > x11 > xorg.conf.d

And it needs to be there after install. How can i do that?
The file i want to add is a .conf file, that i need.

Any advice?

I agree with smartin, it will be more trouble than it is worth.

I normally keep a usb stick around with all of my configs/install scripts  for whatever distribution I want to install. Then, I run a script and copy the configuration file over to the proper directory. Then reboot.