Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ubuntu and running 32 bit packages in the future
If you are using 32bit software on Ubuntu, I would encourage you to read the following Ubuntu blog concerning the subject.

Statement on 32-bit i386 packages for Ubuntu 19.10 and 20.04 LTS
Idea  Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

I am not a gamer but I know people that are and I understand what they are feeling at this point.

Quote:The question of support for 32-bit x86 has been raised and seriously discusseding Ubuntu developer and community forums since 2014. That’s how we make decisions.

After the Ubuntu 18.04 LTS release we had extensive threads on the ubuntu-devel list and also consulted Valve in detail on the topic. None of those discussions raised the passions we’ve seen here, so we felt we had sufficient consensus for the move in Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

So let's see a show of hands, how many folks know that these discussions and places ever took place and where?
Well I didn't know. I'm always last to know.... Big Grin
I did not know that were privy to what developers talk about and there back channels.... Just saying...
No trying to start something, just have a question.... Lol

I'm sure the folks over at Steam are believing this back peddling, Opps, my butt is showing jazz too...
Only time will tell how big the hole is in the foot after the shot..... Undecided
Taglines of the Day:
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.  Huh 

Everybody remember where we parked. - Kirk

To Boldly Go Where No BBS Has Gone Before. USS Stargazer BBS, Sheridan In.
I actually saw a 32 bit laptop for sale a week ago, who needs another door stop these days,???????