Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Printer connection.
Hi

I have a Canon Pixma MP499/495  Scanner and Printer ,as I am New to Linux How do I wirelessly connect the Laptop PC (Lenovo) to the printer?

What is the Command line I need to write to get the Pc to connect the Printer to the PC so I can print my files?directorys. Help !  Huh

Peter Knowles, Norfolk U.K.
I haven't a clue about the command line, I never use it, but Linux Mint should automatically detect your printer. Search for Printers in the menu then click Add Printer and see where that leads you.
Cliff Coggin
Mint 19.2 Cinnamon
I have not done it with a CLI either...
My Kodak all-in-one wifi printer had a setup file on the Kodak website for Linux (bless there hearts)...
I used it a few times, but lately I have not had to use it at all....

The kernel must have cought up and now supports it naively...

Try going to your cannon printer website if cliffcoggin suggestion does not work, an see if they have Linux installation.
I have a HP 2100 network printer that Linux always finds and the setup just works....
Taglines of the BBS Days:
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. 
  Everybody remember where we parked. - Kirk
    Not everything in life is a 1 or a 0.
       Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again...
When I added mine I went to settings and then to devices where you will find printers and I added it there. I am running Ubuntu. Hope it helps!
Hope you already solved your printer issues.

If not, I PMed you a couple links to some videos on connecting to a network printer in Linux Mint.

If you have any trouble with the PM, then just check out the last two videos I just shared in this post:

https://www.ezeelinux.com/talk/showthread.php?tid=889

Good luck!