Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If MS does a linux distro.
Hehe call it Windux if it is a linux distro, clean your windows, get it?
(06-13-2019, 04:28 AM)Edward78 Wrote: Hehe call it Windux if it is a linux distro, clean your windows, get it?

Hardy har har.

MS is moving that way.
Jeremy (Mr. Server)

Tools: GitHubCYA, Connect2SSH, Pdisks

* Desktop: Ubuntu MATE
* Servers (headless): CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian SPARC
(06-13-2019, 02:08 PM)cleverwise Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 04:28 AM)Edward78 Wrote: Hehe call it Windux if it is a linux distro, clean your windows, get it?

Hardy har har.

MS is moving that way.

I hope they use the real kernel & don't make one. Plus, leave root & user. That is why I use Linux, more secure, hope MS doesn't screw that up.
(06-13-2019, 06:01 PM)Edward78 Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 02:08 PM)cleverwise Wrote:

Hardy har har.

MS is moving that way.

I hope they use the real kernel & don't make one. Plus, leave root & user. That is why I use Linux, more secure, hope MS doesn't screw that up.

Fear not, they will. MS can't do anything anymore without screwing it up first. MS updates for all its OSes have been buggier than flophouse beds the last year or two. Look what happened to Nokia, Skype, etc. after MS bought them up.
Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!
To be honest is hard to believe they will. First reason that make me think that is: the backward compatibility. All the "millions" of softwares working in windows won't work in this "windux" (or what ever it's name) Or the MS software engineers will need to spend a really great amount of work to make some kind of super WINE.  By super WINe i mean some kind of avenger WINE Smile And this is probably way too much to do for a profit organisation. But i can be wrong.

Also i hope they won't do it because we all saw what happened when google took the android linux based smartphone OS. How good did it went! And yes it was a sarcasm Smile
(06-15-2019, 06:50 AM)Tuxinho Wrote: To be honest is hard to believe they will.

I tend to agree, ...

(06-15-2019, 06:50 AM)Tuxinho Wrote: First reason that make me think that is: the backward compatibility. All the "millions" of softwares working in windows won't work in this "windux" [...]

... but this is not the reason. Older windows software
already works better in WINE than in Win10.
My website - My git repos

"Things are only impossible until they’re not." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
It won't be hard for MS to have backwards comparability with a "superwine" as they have all the code for it already so they don't have to backwards engineer it like wine does.