Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Password for mint mate live usb?
Does any one know what the password is for loging back in when using a live Linux Mint 19.1 Mate USB?

If I logout of my Mint Mate live USB session and log back in, it asks for a password, but I haven't set a password for the live USB mint session.

Thanks to all:
Rich. Smile
(06-08-2019, 12:09 PM)rjs1943 Wrote: Does any one know what the password is for loging back in when using a live Linux Mint 19.1 Mate USB?

If I logout of my Mint Mate live USB session and log back in, it asks for a password, but I haven't set a password for the live USB mint session.

Thanks to all:
Rich. Smile

Well on some Distro's it is "Live" for both login and password but I am not sure... Give it a try...  Rolleyes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taglines of the Day:
"We've got to take that one in ten thousand chance!" -Kirk

Operator!....Trace this call and tell me where I am!

To Boldly Go Where No BBS Has Gone Before.
The username is 'mint' and there is no password, simply press Enter.

HTH
Thanks all for the replies:

In the place where username is supposed to go, "login" is there and it won't let me enter mint.  So I push enter and it still asks me for a password.  Now this is after I logout and then try to login the live session again.  I have to restart the computer in order to get back into the mint live session.

Rich.
(06-09-2019, 01:37 PM)rjs1943 Wrote: So I push enter and it still asks me for a password.

A user account not having a password does not mean that
the login will be automatic and without a password prompt. It
means that either the account is inactive, which it clearly
is not, as you are using it, or that the password is an empty
string. So when there is a password prompt, simply do not input
anything and press enter again. If the user account actually does
not have a password, like radolkin said, it should log you back in.
My website - My git repos

"Things are only impossible until they’re not." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard