Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microphone
Hi Guys

I have a 19.1 mate install that I can't get any microphone output
to work with skype. I have installed pavucontrol and checked everywhere I can think
of for something that might be muted with no luck.
Any ideas where to go next?
(06-02-2019, 05:48 PM)Rob Hymers Wrote: Hi Guys

to work with skype. I have installed pavucontrol and checked everywhere I can think

Hi Rob,

What do you mean by microphone output?
Maybe you mean microphone input? Did you connect to the right connector? Sometimes the input comes from your webcam thru hdmi, or from a stand alone mic with line-in?

If you want help and i want to help you i need a bit more info on your system setup, are you using your mobo's input, or are you using a standalone sound card? What device are you using? Stuff like that can be very handy for getting specific help.

Hope i helpt out a bit,
Wink
(06-03-2019, 08:56 AM)Pim Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 05:48 PM)Rob Hymers Wrote: Hi Guys

Hi Rob,

What do you mean by microphone output?
Maybe you mean microphone input? Did you connect to the right connector? Sometimes the input comes from your webcam thru hdmi, or from a stand alone mic with line-in?

If you want help and i want to help you i need a bit more info on your system setup, are you using your mobo's input, or are you using a standalone sound card? What device are you using? Stuff like that can be very handy for getting specific help.

Hope i helpt out a bit,
Wink
Sorry. I was using the built in laptop mic. It's in the wifes computer and I have gave up trying to make it work. She used my laptop to use skype in the end.
Thanks