Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xubuntu vs Mint Xfce
OK, here's my question for the forum and not the Youtube comments.  Joe, you stated you really like Xfce (and it's one of my favorite DEs as well).  But originally you were a Mint person and then you've started spending a lot of time with Ubuntu (Gnome and now Xubuntu).  What do you feel is better about Xfce in Ubuntu over Xfce in Mint (and others can comment as well).

John
(08-20-2018, 08:20 PM)Free-John Wrote: OK, here's my question for the forum and not the Youtube comments.  Joe, you stated you really like Xfce (and it's one of my favorite DEs as well).  But originally you were a Mint person and then you've started spending a lot of time with Ubuntu (Gnome and now Xubuntu).  What do you feel is better about Xfce in Ubuntu over Xfce in Mint (and others can comment as well).

John

Mint XFCE is more fully featured for the new user out of the box with everything the average user would want without doing anything (themes, apps, tweaks). Xubuntu is a clean slate for you to do the changes you want and to add whatever you want, Comes with the bare bones stuff needed. You did not really ask but I like Peppermint because is in between, has alot of what makes Mint good with less choices made for you so you can add whatever you please.
Specs: Intel Core i5 4570 3.2ghz (4c/4t), EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SC GAMING Mini, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram, 1TB WD Blue HDD
Current Distro: Peppermint 9
(08-20-2018, 08:20 PM)Free-John Wrote: OK, here's my question for the forum and not the Youtube comments.  Joe, you stated you really like Xfce (and it's one of my favorite DEs as well).  But originally you were a Mint person and then you've started spending a lot of time with Ubuntu (Gnome and now Xubuntu).  What do you feel is better about Xfce in Ubuntu over Xfce in Mint (and others can comment as well).

John

to me i really dont see much differnce in them likw i see in in manjaro xfce ig the difference it the system itself like in ubuntu u have to install net-utils to get somethings to work like ifconfig thats all for me Smile
Xubuntu , is all about customization if you please . Plenty of possibilities , and a little work to start up . It is a mature desktop .
Mint Xfce , well it lets you take a pause , because about all is needed is already going with the OS itself .
On the other hand , along using Mint Xfce there it comes inspiration to what to do in Xubuntu .... with the difference that Xubuntu will become very personal at wish ... lol .

I may also add that the Mint team , opted to create Xfce 19 a little bit more advanced under the hood . For example the Xfwm4 version which is a 4.13.0 revision , while Xubuntu still works with 4.12.4 .