Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clementine with google Drive
Hello,

Recently i found old CD i had forgotten for 15 to 25 years. I was happy to listen to them again lot of memories. But my point is i decided to save them, because some were in a bad shape, and also CD players get rarer and rarer. But to save some space in my HD, i send them in my Google Drive. So far every thing is fine.
In parallel to that, i started using clementine, before that i use to play music either directly from web radios or youtube.

Now the point: is it me making up stuff or is there a way to make clementine read directly my music from google drive?  Just to avoid having every thing in my local drive if i could.

Thank you in advance.
(05-03-2019, 04:34 PM)Tuxinho Wrote: Hello,

Recently i found old CD i had forgotten for 15 to 25 years. I was happy to listen to them again lot of memories. But my point is i decided to save them, because some were in a bad shape, and also CD players get rarer and rarer. But to save some space in my HD, i send them in my Google Drive. So far every thing is fine.
In parallel to that, i started using clementine, before that i use to play music either directly from web radios or youtube.

Now the point: is it me making up stuff or is there a way to make clementine read directly my music from google drive?  Just to avoid having every thing in my local drive if i could.

Thank you in advance.

Maybe if you can either "mount" the google drive to a directory
or sync a local directory with your Google drive. Then you could
simply point Clementine at that directory or symlink it into your
music directory.

However I don't know if that is possible, as I am not really
a cloud person. If it is possible, than maybe with gvfs (GNOME
virtual file system).
Wouldn't you really be better off staying away from Google and keeping your stuff at home? I am not sure exactly what Google is up to, but I am sure that they do not have your interests at heart.

Richard
(05-03-2019, 08:16 PM)leon.p Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 04:34 PM)Tuxinho Wrote: Hello,

Thank you in advance.

Maybe if you can either "mount" the google drive to a directory
or sync a local directory with your Google drive. Then you could
simply point Clementine at that directory or symlink it into your
music directory.

However I don't know if that is possible, as I am not really
a cloud person. If it is possible, than maybe with gvfs (GNOME
virtual file system).

Thank you for the answer.

Yes, right now i do sync the music folder in my local drive with my music folder in the cloud. It does the job well.
The mounting solution, i had a quick look in the internet and it looks like a good idea, but at the same time it looks like making my life harder for no reasons. At the end of the day i decided to just having every thing sync. After all i do have enough space in my local drive. And every thing is as well safe in the cloud in case something bad physically happens to my drive at home.