Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I install drivers for a Intel wifi + Bluetooth card
Hey there, new to Linux and using MX Linux 18.  So far it is quite intuitive. I have just added a Intel 7265AC wireless + Bluetooth adapter to my Z270 MSI motherboard.  The Wi-Fi connected and worked right away, the Bluetooth doesn’t seem to be working. I went to the Intel Linux page and I think I found the right driver. The instructions are minimal. It says: “copy the files into the distribution specific firmware directory, /lib/firmware”.  Being a newbie I am not familiar enough with using terminal to really understand what that means. Can someone guide me to a instruction page or give me a hint as to how to accomplish this.  Thanks in advance [url=https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIADDZ7GD4926][/url]
Hi cwhei
What do you mean by  "doesn’t seem to be working"? 
Chances are the drivers are installed and working as it is an Intel part.

I think the issue is that you are using MX-Linux which is not a beginner friendly distribution.
So I would recommend that you use Linux mint or Ubuntu mate which are beginner friendly, unless they give use issues.
(04-09-2019, 06:49 AM)p-murphy Wrote: I think the issue is that you are using MX-Linux which is not a beginner friendly distribution.
So I would recommend that you use Linux mint or Ubuntu mate which are beginner friendly, unless they give use issues.

I second that. Especially considering that MX is build upon Debian Stable,
if I recall correctly, meaning that it ships outdated software and drivers.
Thank you for your replies, you’re absolutely right. I have been playing with both and I think Linux mint is for me.