Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOW (A Helper For Arch) Is Now Ready For DL
Ok, so I have renamed the original to old-bow.sh
And renamed bow-2.0.sh to bow.sh
bow-2.0.sh will now be the tester script. kinda like an RC

to keep it simple, the one you want is bow.sh
This will be the most stable. You can find bow.sh by running this command in your terminal
Code:
curl https://gitlab.com/arrowlinux/zub/raw/master/bow.sh > bow.sh
I will update bow.sh often. As mush as two times a week. so check often

For anyone curious you can checkout bow-2.0.sh at any time. Just remember,  it is the one I use to test with. so it could be buggy.
But it will give you an idea of the direction I am going. you can find bow-2.0.sh by running this command in your terminal
Code:
curl https://gitlab.com/arrowlinux/zub/raw/master/bow-2.0.sh > bow-2.0.sh
This one could be updated several times a day.

Sorry for any inconvenience, or confusion. I am trying to make BOW the best it can possibly be.

kudos
A computer without Microsoft is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.
-
It is okay to not be able to answer a question,
however it should be a crime to not be able to question an answer.

@ArrowLinux
Above i ment this command 
Code:
yay -Sy --color always ; clear ; clear ; OUTP2="$(yay -Qu | wc -l)" ; yay -Qu --color always ; echo "" ; echo "${OUTP2} Available Updates"

And i made the same again: i updated and after i came in here, read this message and remembered about your problem. Sorry
Oh ok.

I have found a solution to the repeater bug. I will have an update with that bug squished by tomorrow. I am testing it now.

But yeah, I am still stuck on that output issue. It is not the end of the world if I cant find a solution, but it would definitely make it better.

Still open to suggestions.

kudos
A computer without Microsoft is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.
-

@ArrowLinux
The repeater bug is fixed. The update has been uploaded. You can get it here

Code:

Also, I have removed the use of AURhlpr.txt altogether. The whole point of it was to make it more stable and reduce the amount of code needed. It did neither. At a latter time I may use the same concept for choosing which installed AUR Manager you want to use. But its dependency will be much less vital.

After updating, if you want you can remove it from your computer with this terminal command

Code:
sudo rm /srv/AURhlpr.txt

For now, the Installed AUR Managers priority is this

1: Pacaur
2: Yay
3: Pakku
4: Trizen
5: Yaourt

No matter how many are installed, the one with the highest priority will be used.

For example,
If Yaourt, Yay, and Pakku are installed, Yay will be used.

The next project in bow is to give the choice as to which installed AUR Helper you want to use.
Rather than having this preset priority. This works great, but not everyone will agree with the priority. I believe that everyone having their own choice is the answer.

However I have to jump over to Arrow Linux and update that. So it could be a week or two. It Depends on how long I am on Arrow Linux.
But do not worry, I am not abandoning bow. I use it to much for that to happen.

If you find any buggs or have any questions post them here.

kudos
-

@ArrowLinux
After all that work, I just found out that pacaur has been depreciated.
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/au...28524.html
I am going to see what I can do to keep it functional as long as I can. This means that The two best AUR Helpers have been depreciated. At least the two best in the list above (IMHO). Yaourt and Pacaur by far give the best output.

Now more than ever we need a solution to the output issue. (More Info is in previous posts)

now it is urgent.
-

@ArrowLinux
It really aggravated me that pacaur was depreciated so I spend the day working on the output of yay.
I could not find a simple solution so I built my own.
Now yay looks like this
[Image: yay-me.png]

It is a little better. I will work on the others when I am finished with the Arrow Linux update.

kudos

---------------------------------------------------------
Edit

The actual number in "Available Repository Updates" and "Available AUR Updates" has been changed from white to light yellow.
So that it grabs your attention a little more.
-

@ArrowLinux
Eli,

I run the following and the file I get contains only "You need to log in or sign up before continuing."

curl https://gitlab.com/arrrowlinux/zub/raw/master/bow.sh > bow.sh

Richard
(05-10-2019, 02:25 AM)Richard Wrote: Eli,

I run the following and the file I get contains only "You need to log in or sign up before continuing."

curl https://gitlab.com/arrrowlinux/zub/raw/master/bow.sh > bow.sh

Richard

That usually happens when it is entered in wrong. I keep typing it wrong and see that message often in testing. Use one less R in arrowlinux that should fix it

Actually I changed the repository for that very issue. Arrowlinux had 3 Rs in it, my fingers must have been drinking behind my back that day. For over a year it was like that. So I changed it. I thought I had changed all the references to it as well, perhaps I missed one. I will double check.

This is the command to curl bow.sh

Code:

Let me  know how it goes.

kudos
-

@ArrowLinux
A quick BOW Update,

I added Pikaur to the AUR Helper options

kudos
-

@ArrowLinux
After a brief pause to work on Arrow-X, I have some good news. I have made a few positive changes to BOW.

In "Swapfile management > Look at fstab (Safe)"
It now loads through Dialog instead of through a basic terminal print out. So, now It looks a little better.

In "Swapfile management > Let us add swapfile to fstab"
Before you could add multiple instances of swapfile to fstab. Though I never had an issue,
I was told that it had the potential to do catastrophic damage to your system. So ...
This has been fixed. Now only one instance is allowed by BOW. A little smarter, and  MUCH safer.

BOW by default has a Priority of which AUR helper to use. Based on popularity.
Though some may not agree with this. And I am very big on freedom, so...

In "Update Options > Manage AUR Helper(s) > Set a default AUR Manager"
You can choose for yourself which AUR manager you want to use.
This is for those who have more than one AUR Manager installed.
If you only have one Instaled, no need to worry about this.
If your AUR Manager is not in the list, let me know.

If you have any issues with the change in the default AUR helper go to
"Update Options > Manage AUR Helper(s) > Set a default AUR Manager > Remove default"

That will set everything back to normal

Thou functional, and safe, the last new add-on is still in the rough. I will be polishing it out over the next few days, or how ever long it takes.

To get the new BOW, run this

Code:

Feel free to give feedback. Your thoughts and opinions are valued here.

kudos
-

@ArrowLinux