Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOW (A Helper For Arch) Is Now Ready For DL
(04-30-2019, 08:15 PM)Richard Wrote: Elias,

When I run bow-2.0.sh and ask it to install an AUR manager and select Pacaur, it just sends me back to the "add or remove an AUR manager" screen.

There is a directory now in my home called "pacaur" in which there is a file called "pkgbuild" of 4.1 kb. But when I go to "Show installed AUR managers" it shows me an empty list.

Richard

in 2.0 go to
1: update options > 5: Add/Remove AUR Manager > 3: List Instaled AUR Managers
this will show you a list of installed helpers.

If pacaur is installed then Reset AURhlpr.txt and try it again.
1: update options > 5: Add/Remove AUR Manager >  4: Reset AURhlpr.txt
actually reset it anyway just to be safe. let me know if that fixes it.

also, when did you download 2.0 ? because I updated it today. I accidentally uploaded a broken one yesterday. but it has been fixed.
I am working on a bug that repeats list updates for every helper installed.  but this bug doesn't sound like that one. the repeater bug  still works, just lists updates 2 or 3 times.

kudos

----------------------------------------------------------------
Edit
I just saw your edit about list installed not working. try re-downloading 2.0. That bug has been fixed. Cool

My Bad

Also you can delete that pacaur folder. it does nothing.
A computer without Microsoft is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.
-
It is okay to not be able to answer a question,
however it should be a crime to not be able to question an answer.

@ArrowLinux
Elias,

I got the latest bow-2.0.sh file from git. This time it did go through the process of installing pacaur, but the "List installed AUR managers" still shows a blank list.

When I select "reset AURhlpr.txt" it tells me to install an AUR manager.

When I select "check for updates +AUR" it still throws me back to "Check for updates".

Richard
(05-01-2019, 02:19 AM)Richard Wrote: Elias,

I got the latest bow-2.0.sh file from git. This time it did go through the process of installing pacaur, but the "List installed AUR managers" still shows a blank list.

When I select "reset AURhlpr.txt" it tells me to install an AUR manager.

When I select "check for updates +AUR" it still throws me back to "Check for updates".

Richard

it sounds like it might not actually be installed. try running
Code:
pacaur -Qu --color always

And see if it gives an error or list some thing. 
if it shows nothing at all then that just means you have no updates. we are checking to see if it is installed. that is the main thing
let me know please so i know where to look in the  code
A computer without Microsoft is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.
-

@ArrowLinux
Ok I found the problem. it is on this end. pacaur is not installing the way it is written. i will have it fixed by morning.

Actually it is auracle-git upstream. pacaur has aurace-git as a dependency, but it has been pulled. so I will have to compile it within the script first. then install pacaur. I should have that bug squashed and the updated version of bow-2.0.sh uploaded in about an hour. I am testing it now.
-

@ArrowLinux
The issue is fixed. First it compiles and builds auracle-git, then compiles and builds pacaur. This process takes 2-10 minutes depending on your system. And it will ask for a password midway through the build. but it works.

There is still the repeater bug. But this is not debilitating, only annoying. And only happens if you have more than one AUR helper installed. I will address that one as soon as I can.

Thank you for pointing out the pacaur issue Richard. I was able to pinpoint the problem with your information. That was a big help.
-

@ArrowLinux
Elias,

I ran your latest update and it installed pacaur and it checked for updates. The "List all AUR managers" now lists pacaur as installed.

Richard
(05-01-2019, 11:42 AM)Richard Wrote: Elias,

I ran your latest update and it installed pacaur and it checked for updates. The "List all AUR managers" now lists pacaur as installed.

Richard

That's great news, very good to hear.

I was relieved to find out that it wasn't on my end or yours. And that auracle-git is still being hosted on their github. I am going to make a bug report to pacaur about the dependency issue.

Thanks again Richard for letting me know about this problem.
-

@ArrowLinux
Hi there,
I try to run your command but i updated this morning and had no updates available. Sorry i'll look into it tomorrow.
(05-01-2019, 03:53 PM)Tuxinho Wrote: Hi there,
I try to run your command but i updated this morning and had no updates available. Sorry i'll look into it tomorrow.

Which command?

Make sure you have the latest bow.sh (formally bow-2.0.sh)
Code:
curl https://gitlab.com/arrrowlinux/zub/raw/master/bow.sh > bow.sh

And for now it works better if you only have one AUR Helper installed ( Your Choice Of Which ).
If you install one make sure to remove any others not in use. This will be automatic in a later release. Or others will just be ignored.

And you asked how difficult it would be,,,, I didn't think it would be hard, which it wasn't terribly painful. But it looks like it will be about a thousand more lines of code. Big Grin The trade off is a better BOW. That was a good idea.

It was Leon.P that started me looking into other AUR Managers. By bringing it to my attention that yaourt had been abandoned. And I was playing with some code to give a choice. Though I had not committed to it. It was your post, your question that caused me to decide to commit to the change. I do appreciate that. I am sure many will.

Thank you Tuxinho.

As well as Leon.p and Richard. Thank you.
-

@ArrowLinux
I still don't have a solution to the output of yay, pakku, or trizen.

In this image of Yaourt you can see at a glance the update from AUR.
[Image: yaourt2.png]

Even with Pacaur
[Image: pacaur2.png]

but yay, pakku, and trizen
[Image: yay2.png]

If someone just sees that, they might think they only need to run a basic update.
And then get annoyed when there is still an update and they have to do it again.

Which is why I am looking for a solution.

More information is in a previous posts ( with images similar to the ones in this post )
That post is In page 3. about midway down

Any advice is welcome.
-

@ArrowLinux