Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Every distro just makes motherboard freeze? (on splash screen)
(03-24-2019, 03:02 PM)mexsudo Wrote: Zorin, Kde Neon, and Linux Mint are all real heavyweights, processor and ram intensive. Poor choice for your machine with little horsepower by today's standards.

Maybe you should try a lighter Linux disto. There are many to choose from.
I use Debian with the Mate desktop exclusively... on more than a half a dozen machines I maintain.

On almost all of those machines I do test installs many, including Zorin, Kde Neon, and Linux Mint... night and day, and problematic.

4Gb of Ram and an older dual core should be more than enough. Mint says it will run fine on a Pentium 4, which is several generations older than the core2duo that I'm using.

(03-24-2019, 06:49 PM)spudnuts Wrote: Go into bios and change it to show verbose (I can't think of the right word) booting so you can see the messages as it boots.

Is any of the hardware on the new rig from the other machine that was doing the same thing ?

No none of the hardware is shared, its all different components. Its a gaming rig that is much newer than the dedicated Linux rig I built out of spare parts I had laying around.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Every distro just makes motherboard freeze? (on splash screen) - by bennylava - 03-25-2019, 01:05 AM