Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with Vpn and synology nas
Hi all!
I am totally new to Linux/Ubuntu/this forum. Hope you guys know what is wrong.
I use Nordvpn on my computer and it works great, but when i try to access my Synology ds212 nas I can't find it. But as soon as i turn off my vpn I have no problem finding my nas on the network.
There is also problems open some websites with the vpn turned on.
Is there problems with my firewall?
ask questions if i have been to unclear
Thanks in advance.
Simon Sweden
Hi,
just landed on this thread, such problems normally occur in different VPN's, in past week subscribed FastestVPN and pretty much satisfied with their services as this provide top not security, speed, and privacy. You can also check it out, I configured in our router for better performance 

https://fastestvpn.com/vpn-for-router
hi you can follow this tut from the nord site https://nordvpn.com/tutorials/linux/openvpn/
(02-06-2019, 11:06 AM)NewUser Wrote: Hi all!
I am totally new to Linux/Ubuntu/this forum. Hope you guys know what is wrong.
I use Nordvpn on my computer and it works great, but when i try to access my Synology ds212 nas I can't find it. But as soon as i turn off my vpn I have no problem finding my nas on the network.
There is also problems open some websites with the vpn turned on.
Is there problems with my firewall?
ask questions if i have been to unclear
Thanks in advance.
Simon Sweden

Hi Simon,

Most likely your VPN is configured to us "strict tunneling" which forces all your traffic out through the VPN gateway. This would make it impossible for you to see anything on your home network (regardless of firewall settings) as the Internet cannot route private (RFC1918) address space. Nord might have a way for you to turn on split tunneling or you might be able to establish the tunnel from your home router so that outbound traffic is encrypted but internal traffic works as normal.

Hope this helps.