Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe's -- The Truth about Linux
(08-31-2019, 11:39 PM)Wolf Wrote:
(08-30-2019, 07:07 PM)spudnuts Wrote: I personally have found that most people find it easier to go linux than to upgrade windows from 7 to 10, every new windows changes everything for the user even when the backend isn't much different.

Given the look and feel of Windows 10 is completely different to that of 7 and the user effectively has to relearn how do do everything anyway, especially if they were used to doing more than just clicking on an icon to open an application.

Even as a person with years of experience in finding where Microsoft has hidden things in subsequent versions, I find Windows 10 extremely frustrating.

And Microsoft has quite the history with this.  "Hey, you know how familiar you are with the menu system in Office?  Well forget it because we're going to "the ribbon" and we've hidden half the functions you're used to using."

It's frustrating to the end-users of the system and it's frustrating to the technical staff that have to support it and field all the frustrated calls from end-users.

I'm currently using Linux at home and both Windows 7 and Windows 10 at work (I move between two offices, one of which has recently been "upgraded") and, while I can use Windows 10, I can't stand it.  "Improvements" should make work easier, not harder.
Thats exactly what drove me from Win10,to linux(ubuntu)I figured if I had to learn the os all over again,I might as well learn one that wasn't so annoying,and doesn't mess with my files in any way.Stuff stay right where I put it,even after updates.