Tixati
Emby
Handbrake
Easytag
Subtitle Composer
Browsers: Chrome and Brave
Mail: Thunderbird
Office/Writing: Office Suite
PDF: Evince (would welcome replacements with a better highlighter function)
DRM's: Adobe Digital Editions (waiting for Winepak...)
Coding: Visual Studio
Media: VLC and Audacity
System tools: GrSync and GParted
Leafpad               (text ed)

Mousepad           (text ed)

PaleMoon            (browser)

Gimp                    (IManip.)

Kover                   (jewel case creator)

TeamViewer         (remote conn.)

MPV                      (video player)

VLC                      (video player)

SMP                      (video player)

LibreOffice           (office)

W3M                      (text browser)

YouTube-dl           (YTvideo downloader)
A few programs I use that are not a Mint default is:

Dukto   = File transfer program that works on Linux, Windows, Android, IOS, and MacOS. My family uses this because it is DEAD SIMPLE!
Sigil      = I use this to convert and update my study library of books to ePub format. My eReader is easier to carry around than a few books.
Calibre = Used to manage my library of ePubs.
Convertall   = Measure conversion.
OpenAudiable   = Used to listen to Audiable books on any device I want.
Handbrake  = video encoder.
VirtualBox   = Virtual machine fun.

I love that I can have these programs to help me do things that OTHER operating systems don't want you to do or that want you to pay to do.
Here are some of mine...

Wine
VirtualBox
Clementine
Handbrake
Open Shot Video Editor
VLC
Google Chrome
Opera
Shotwell
Shutter
XFburn
Etcher
Timeshift
LibreOffice
Macrium Reflect Free...for System Imaging
Linux Forever...Windoze Never       [Image: t12701.gif]
I was wondering is WINE any use? and which version have you got?

Also i'm a bit nervous of BleachBit. I'm only ticking boxes for apt clean at the moment as I have no idea what most of the rest are, does anyone just tick them all???

Currently, I prefer
VIVALDI as a browser that uses Bing, rather than google, but i'm sticking to the Linux Firefox google safe search at moment. On other computers VIVALDI seems quite nice.

Haven't started using SCRIBUS yet but have it.
(09-02-2018, 08:16 PM)dai-3 Wrote: I was wondering is WINE any use? and which version have you got?

Also i'm a bit nervous of BleachBit. I'm only ticking boxes for apt clean at the moment as I have no idea what most of the rest are, does anyone just tick them all???

I have Wine version 3.0.2 Bionic on a clean install on Mint Cinnamon 19.  It does work with some software but I have a Win 7 VM for software that wont work in Linux.

Don't use BleachBit or anything else...these programs will damage your System...this is Linux not Windoze.

Linux has a different File System and does not "fill up" like Windoze does...if you feel the need to clean then use these safe commands...

This will flush the local cache from the retrieved package files...   
sudo apt-get clean

This will clear out only the absolutely not necessary packages that cannot be found in the repositories any more, or a newer version of them is located...    
sudo apt-get autoclean

This command will remove packages that were installed as dependencies for another package that has been removed, and so are no longer needed...   
sudo apt-get autoremove

Anyway hope this helps...in Linux you don't need to Defrag your HDD either...Linux is so much better.  Big Grin

Linux Forever...Windoze Never       [Image: t12701.gif]
Which program one can use to securely erase the empty space of the hard disk. I am not looking to completely wipe a disk. But as you are using your system, which application can allow the removal of data in a way that they can't be read anymore. Under Windoze I was using Ccleaner. (I have been using Windoze since Win 3.1 - For the last 4 months, I run mint 19 for 99% of my need.)
(09-03-2018, 06:32 AM)alain Wrote: Which program one can use to securely erase the empty space of the hard disk. I am not looking to completely wipe a disk. But as you are using your system, which application can allow the removal of data in a way that they can't be read anymore. Under Windoze I was using Ccleaner. (I have been using Windoze since Win 3.1 - For the last 4 months, I run mint 19 for 99% of my need.)

yeah, I have cccleaner on another machine. Just a decent item and Malwarebytes, looking for alternatives for windows but not much isa available (for free).
(09-03-2018, 06:32 AM)alain Wrote: Which program one can use to securely erase the empty space of the hard disk. I am not looking to completely wipe a disk. But as you are using your system, which application can allow the removal of data in a way that they can't be read anymore. Under Windoze I was using Ccleaner. (I have been using Windoze since Win 3.1 - For the last 4 months, I run mint 19 for 99% of my need.)

It is not exactly what you are looking for, but there is a terminal command, which deletes files by overwriting them:
Code:
shred -u file_name

This is a safer way of deleting if you want people to restore that data.
My website - My git repos

"Things are only impossible until they’re not." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard