Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going from 18.10 Beta to Final Release
This is an easy question for the right person. I first installed Ubuntu Mat'e 18.10 Beta a few weeks ago. I installed it on its own SSD drive to see how well it worked with my hardware. Adjusted all the tweaks, bell, and gadgets to my liking. Over some time I basally moved in to this distro. Here’s my question, will the Beta version upgrade to the Final release? I know it's only supported for nine months.
(10-20-2018, 05:46 PM)Dan Kelly Wrote: This is an easy question for the right person. I first installed Ubuntu Mat'e 18.10 Beta a few weeks ago. I installed it on its own SSD drive to see how well it worked with my hardware. Adjusted all the tweaks, bell, and gadgets to my liking. Over some time I basally moved in to this distro. Here’s my question, will the Beta version upgrade to the Final release? I know it's only supported for nine months.

I honestly doubt that such an upgrade would be possible, you mostlikely will have to reinstall.
But if you backup your home partition with a tool like Joes XBT you could theoretically take all your configurations with you.
My website - My git repos

"Things are only impossible until they’re not." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Thanks for the reply. I decided to backup and install the Ubuntu Mat'e 18.04 LTS so I have something that will last a while. I noticed little difference.
I installed Ubuntu 18.10 Beta a couple weeks ago on its dedicated SSD drive to see check it out
and found a few irritation things ,small but irritation, lol, installed a few items by regular repositories and then installing a theme which worked till reboot, crashed it on the theme. i hope the final version is better as i turned a few bugs i hope they work out. no you cant update the Beta