Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Best testing - Fedora 29 MATE
Best testing - Fedora 29 MATE

Gday

Im best testing F29 Mate in Vbox

Any ideas what I should test

Any happen to have a template review list/guide for Linux creators ?
I don't have any template for reviews, sadly, sorry, but I do have an idea or two if you're using GNOME.

Could you test whether or not the extension GSConnect works on GNOME 3.30 in Fedora? It doesn't seem to be working on GNOME 3.30 in Antergos (effectively, "just Arch with an added repo" and that's a quote from Matt Hartley). Also, I have an issue with the Wayland session on 3.30 where it crashes if any Xorg program goes fullscreen (which means that it's probably an issue with XWayland or related to it), except for Firefox, strangely enough, but it still crashes if I try to get out of fullscreen (maybe also an issue with hybrid graphics and/or PRIME itself?), so, if you could, would you try to test for that? The most reliable test method would be to F11 Chromium and Firefox (I'm using Nightly) and see if anything breaks.

I know this turned out to be a sort of troubleshooting-ish situation in my favor, I'm sorry if that upsets you (or is considered hijacking your thread/post).

If you could, would you also check if the following packages are available in any repositories (they're in the AUR and only for download for Ubuntu/Debian): code (that is Visual Studio Code), freecad, vmware-workstation, ardour, cadence, ibus-chewing and ibus-mozc? Thank you in advance!
Name: Sandy Vujaković
Laptop: Dell Inspiron 3793 (17", i5)
I have no interest in ANY Linux distro that uses

Unity
Gnome 3
ElementryOS gui
or PopOS gui

They all lack

Traditional UI style
Traditional Start Menu
Traditional Desktop icons

If I wanted to have a touch screen UI experience without functionality , id use a mac/android tablet

Ill look into

VLC + Smplayer + default one Fedora has

If I can get GSConnect to work in XFCE or MATE
ill give it a go

I will check the software store app for

Visual Studio Code,
freecad,
vmware-workstation,
ardour,
cadence, ibus-chewing and ibus-mozc

Current desktop pic for it before i do the video

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DoK-ewVU0AMPOxx.jpg:large
Well, let's just agree to disagree on our UX viewpoints (not to mention that I'm using a laptop with a touchpad, so it's quite appropriate).

Thank you for agreeing to check for those packages and have a nice day!
Update

VLC + Smplayer isnt availabe by default
That's sad. Sad