Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Say hi and introduce yourself
Hi everyone thanks you for creating this forum it's so young and we hope everyone enjoys their time and stay here.. 
Andy from India UTC +5:30
Working as a GP (doctor), love Crypto Assets, Love Anime, Like Korean, Chinese drama, AND GAMER
Love Linux and here to learn more about it.

Most used UBUNTU & MINT
sometimes Backtrack
 Linux Laptop: Hp DV6 3028tx i5
 User --> Ubuntu Desktop 18.04, 16.04, 14.04.
Hello, I have been using Linux for about 10 months and loving it every day. I use Peppermint OS 9 for my 2nd second OS would have to say MX 17. Very pleased to meet everyone! Tongue
Howdy,  I'm Matt and I have been running GNU / Linux now for about 2 years. I am by no means a power user but over the last several months I have helped 3 people get started with GNU / Linux. I'm really happy Joe started this forum so I can learn more from others and have a friendly place to hang out.
Hi folks. Hat's off to Joe Collins for starting this group. I've been eager to have a forum where EZEELINUX enthusiasts could share ideas and interact about all things Linux. Really glad to be here! Hopefully this will reduce Joe's workload a bit, right?!
Regards, Jeff Guynn
Durham, NC (USA)
hi how are you
Hello everybody,

I'm Alejandro. I've been using Linux on and off since 2011 and full time since 2014. I'm a contributor to the Fedora Project and a FOSS enthusiast. I'm here to learn everything I can and hopefully be of help to anyone who needs it.

Nice to meet you!
My name is Maarten. I am 52 years old and live in the Netherlands.
My first linux distro was slackware in 1997 and to be honest, I had not a simple clue what to do with it.
My first real usable distro I used in 2004 and was Ubuntu.
I am not a real distro hopper, I have been using Ubuntu since day one. Only hopped to Ubuntu Mate when gnome3 came.
Ubuntu mate is still my favorite, but since a short time I am using Ubuntu 18.04 with the gnome desktop.

I have been watching Joe's video for a long time and he was the first youtube channel is subscribed to.
I love the way he presents his video's. Love to hear him talk. And in the meanwhile I learn a few things.

And now he started a forum. So I hope to give some help in return like Joe has helped me with a couple of his video's

Maarten
Hi
I'm Jon, I'm from England and I have been using Linux Mint for a little over 2 years.

I was introduced to Linux in the mid 1990s,  the first distribution I tried was SuSE 5.1 (When it was SuSE, not OpenSuSE so that is going back a bit. At the time, I thought the system was not user friendly, it was harder to find support and the trend seemed to be to compile software yourself rather than download it from repositories. I couldn't even get it to play MP3 files. I concluded that Linux was not for me, it was too much work and it didn't seem to suit my needs.

Eventually though, I would be drawn back to Linux, and I found by then that it had been greatly improved.

I started out on Linux Mint a couple of years ago, when it was v17.I . I was seriously unimpressed with Windows 10, yet I saw this was the way Windows was going. My friend stuck with Windows 7, and is still using it but there will come a time when Win 7 is no longer supported and Windows users will have to use Win10. Like a good rat, I deserted the sinking ship early.

Previously, Linux had been little more than a curiosity for me, but this point I decided to give it a serious look. I tried Ubuntu initially (the standard version), but I didn't care for the Unity desktop so I looked for something else. That was when I considered Mint.

At first I dual booted Mint alongside my Windows 10 installation, but after a couple of months I took the plunge. I am not as much of a gamer as my friend, the games I had been playing I had lost interest in. There was no software I was using on Windows that I couln't find decent alternatives for on Linux.

I backed up my data files onto a USB hard drive, wiped both my machines and installed Mint as my sole OS.

I now run Mint 19 Cinnamon on both my desktop and laptop. At some point I may find a distro that I prefer, but I will never go back to Windows.
Hi all, Rob here from the Ubuntu Kingdom.

Been on Linux for 12 months after 20 years on mac OS.

I run Bunsenlabs.
Rob from the Ubuntu Kingdom
(08-17-2018, 08:31 PM)Mattsorens Wrote: Howdy,  I'm Matt and I have been running GNU / Linux now for about 2 years. I am by no means a power user but over the last several months I have helped 3 people get started with GNU / Linux. I'm really happy Joe started this forum so I can learn more from others and have a friendly place to hang out.

Nice! May I ask what distro are you recommending to new users?