Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distro Hoppers. I have a new Toy for ya! ARROW LINUX
Slight delay,

A bug was found in the zen installer. It asks for new user info, but doesn't actually add the new user.
So in order to give me time to fix this bug, the new release will be Arrow X 510 instead. And be released on the 10th or 11th.

The crazy thing is that this was my fault. I edited zen and forgot to test it first. Then made the ISO with it like that. ALWAYS test first!

Though it is better that I catch it here than after it is online for a while. After all, that is a pretty BIG bug.
Still, I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I will post when it is ready for download.

kudos
A computer without Microsoft is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

Telegram @eliasw4u
Good news!

Arrow X 510 has been built and tested. No bugs were found.
It is currently uploading to Sourceforge. It should be ready early tomorrow morning.
But that depends on my old computer.

I will post when it is ready, or if any thing changes.

As a side note,

I thought this was all my fault.
And I do take the blame for letting a broken Arrow ISO get put out to the public.

but as it turns out, a lot has change within Arch in the last two months.
several apps were dropped, 3 or 4 that the zen installer called for, or depended on.
these changes blind sided many people.  There was little to no warning.

Arch REALLY needs to find a better way to make it less painful when phasing out an app.
for instance, advance warning when installing an app that is going to be removed.
And perhaps suggest a replacement for the obsoleted apps when trying to install them.
little things like this would make a huge difference in the Arch world.

OK I will step off of my soapbox now.

The most important thing is that Arch X 510 is almost here!

kudos
A computer without Microsoft is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

Telegram @eliasw4u
GREAT NEWS!

The long wait is over.

Arrow X 510 is here!

You can download it here.

Enjoy!

kudos

Telegram @eliasw4u
Hello every one

When you run Arrow X 510 in a VM, is anyone having an issue with the desktop picture? It should NOT be the default XFCE Blue. you should see a night sky with stars. It works flawlessly on my setup in a USB.

But, this sometimes happens in testing within a VM. The problem is i am not sure if it is a bug in the ISO or if it is because my system system is so old.

So I look to all of you. surly your systems are better. Are you having the same issue?

Thanks
and as always

kudos

You can also follow this project on twitter

@ArrowLinux

Telegram @eliasw4u
I run it in Oracle V Box. No night sky. Solid blue.

Richard
Well,
That's frustrating.

I was hoping it was my computer

Ok thanks Richard.

All the installers seem to work fine on metal or in a VM. Which means that so far this is just a  cosmetic bug.

all the more need for 511

511 should be out at the end of the week. Before Saturday. If all goes well

Thanks again Richard

Would you consider this wallpaper issue enough of a problem to pull 510 out of the downloads?

kudos

Telegram @eliasw4u
The blue wallpaper is fine with me.

I have been exploring Arrow. I haven't installed an Arch machine with it yet. It is quite an impressive package. It must have been a huge amount of work. I will probably make an installation tomorrow. I have three Arch machines installed in Virtual Box now, one headless, one with Mate, and one with LXDE.

Richard
(05-13-2019, 02:09 AM)Richard Wrote: The blue wallpaper is fine with me.

I have been exploring Arrow. I haven't installed an Arch machine with it yet. It is quite an impressive package. It must have been a huge amount of work. I will probably make an installation tomorrow. I have three Arch machines installed in Virtual Box now, one headless, one with Mate, and one with LXDE.

Richard

Inside of Arrow there are several ways to install Arch. The easiest is the ZEN installer (Green arrowhead in the pannel). As often as your time can afford, do it "The Arch Way". The folder on the desktop Is loaded with help!

I have made an alias command for updating the keys and the repos. Its an all in one command from the terminal

Code:
upd
simple as that.

This helps to ensure that Arrow will work even if it is an old version. If you ever get an error about the keys, just run that.

ArrowLinux has been a project over a year in the making. And I am still working on improvements.

Right now I am working on adding the calamares installer.
And adding my own repos, to make a full fledged distro. Rather than the advanced Arch re-spin that it is.

But all this takes time. I'm working alone, without funds, and on an old system.
It has been more of a hobby. But I am trying to take it to the next level.

anyway

kudos

Telegram @eliasw4u
One of the biggest releases yet
Arrow-X-525
should be ready for DL by mid day tomorrow

I have added sublime text 2, Numix square icons, and cleaned up the zen installer.
But the largest and best change is adding Arrows first Arrow-Reppos release. The start of a whole new arrow.

Now that I have control of the arrowrepos in Arrow X, this will translate into more control to you the end user.
If something is missing in my repos, tell me about it, I will do my best to get it in there. My repos can be installed with pacman once it is added to /etc/pacman.conf

Tomorrow will be the first public run. A crazy amount of work went into this. I hope it turns out good.

Ideas , complaints, and requests can be made here.

kudos

Telegram @eliasw4u
Arrow X 525 is here!
[Image: sf-download-button]

I had to fix an issue before the final release, but it is ready. Fingers crossed.

The screen is still blue in Virtual-box. I haven't tracked down the cause yet.
However this is only a wallpaper issue, and does not affect the system install.

I have changed the default icons to numix square, added sublime text 2, and pamac-aur, And I also added the arrowrepos.
My next focus is the Calamaris installer, and expanding the arrowrepos

If you just want the arrowrepos, copy and paste this in an Arch Linux terminal

Code:
sudo echo "[arrowrepos]" >> /etc/pacman.conf && sudo echo "SigLevel = Optional TrustAll" >> /etc/pacman.conf && sudo echo "Server = https://raw.githubusercontent.com/eliark/arrowrepos/master/x86_64" >> /etc/pacman.conf
then

Code:
sudo pacman -Sy && clear && sudo pacman -Sl --color always arrowrepos
That will show a list of all the packages in my repos. about 20-25 to date.

anyway, hope you like.

kudos

Telegram @eliasw4u