Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distro Hoppers. I have a new Toy for ya! ARROW LINUX
A few months back I put together an Arch Linux distro/spin. To save myself some time installing Arch. So really it is just a glorified Arch installer. I call it Arrow Linux. It uses ZEN installer, or if you prefer to install it the "Arch Way" there is a walk thru for you in the folder on the desktop. As well as a few scripts. It has many useful tools to help make installing Arch a breeze. And leaves no tell tell signs that you actually cheated lol.

Why ARROW?
An arrow is launched from a bow,
what is a bow if not an Arch!?
Arrow comes from Arch,
just makes sense.

BUT, for all the distro hoppers out there. There is a NEW toy in town! Arrow Linux!

Here is the the link to ARROW. Enjoy
https://sourceforge.net/projects/arrow-linux-iso/

Keep in mind, it is a work in progress.

And as always, Feedback is welcome. even the bad.

Also, If you have a distro of your own put a link to it in a post below. we would love to test drive it.
A computer without Microsoft is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

Telegram @eliasw4u
I am curious, in what way does this differ from something like Antergos or basically any other project that tries to install vanilla arch using a graphical installer?

And it would be nice if you shared a link to the code; I could not find while quickly skimming through your sourceforge repos. Ok, I guess I may have found it now!
(08-31-2018, 10:43 PM)leon.p Wrote: I am curious, in what way does this differ from something like Antergos or basically any other project that tries to install vanilla arch using a graphical installer?

And it would be nice if you shared a link to the code; I could not find while quickly skimming through your sourceforge repos. Ok, I guess I may have found it now!

Is something wrong with the SourceForge link? I don't understand. Did you not see it, or did the link not take you to the download page?

As for the difference.
I couldn't say, I never really gave it much thought. Probably not much. Accept maybe for this,

1: I am not a company, I am not trying to sell anyone anywhere anything,

2: I built this to go on MY Computers, in MY home. So that I knew what was in it. Putting it online was an after thought.

3: I try to ease the novice into the terminal for an install "The Arch Way" with a walk thru.

4: If you have an issue with any part of Arrow Linux, you can talk directly to the owner and operator. Me.
   I am very approachable. I promise not to bite,,, hard. Big Grin

5: I Make no claims that it is better for you than any other, just that you can have fun exploring.

and here is a link to the code
https://gitlab.com/arrrowlinux/Arrow

Also,
I pulled the ZEN script directly from the ZEN installer ISO. I made very few changes in the script. The ZEN installer is a great ISO if you Just want to install Arch. It is Very light, and fast. But it lacked the tools needed you repair a broken system. That is what started me on my path to Arrow. It's not just about being able to install Arch, and know what was in it. It's also about being able to fix it. There are a good set of tools in there. They have saved my hide many times.

Thank You For Your Response. I hope to resolve any issues you may have.
Feel free to contact me with any questions regarding Arrow Linux,,, or anything.

Kudos
A computer without Microsoft is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

Telegram @eliasw4u
Very cool! Always nice to have something new to spin up in a VM. I like installing "the Arch way" when I have time but this seems much faster. Nice work making an "Arch-Ezee" distro Smile
just wanted to chime in an give an information update. yesterday I bought a new hard drive for my old PC. and I used Arrow to clone the old drive into the new one. it was so easy, just flawless. 

And yes, I know. you can do that with just about any Linux ISO. But apps to repair the grub and file system and restore files, and orher stuff,,?,, most (that i know of) can not.

thats all, i just thought it was cool and wanted to share.

kudos

Telegram @eliasw4u
Hello eliasw4u Just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed using your iso on metal. It worked flawlessly. I hope that you don't mind if use some of your scrips to make a personal installer. I'm hoping that I can learn some more by deconstructing your scripts. Every thing seems to be very well documented.

Steve
(09-06-2018, 04:51 PM)kopyguy Wrote: Hello eliasw4u Just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed using your iso on metal. It worked flawlessly. I hope that you don't mind if use some of your scrips to make a personal installer. I'm hoping that I can learn some more by deconstructing your scripts. Every thing seems to be very well documented.

Steve

Hello kopyguy.

I am glad to hear that. Although all feedback is welcomed. It is always fantastic to get positive feedback. so thank you for that.
And yes, of course you can use my scripts, in full or in part. That's what it is all about. We grow  by sharing.

Remember, even though I try to build the scripts to be as safe as possible, anyone using my scripts assumes all risks. I am not liable.

Now with all the legal junk out of the way, If you ever have any question about any of my scripts, feel free to ask.
99% of what I know is from reverse engineering and dissecting other peoples scripts, programs, and applications.
I get Where you are coming from. So ya, deconstruct the heck out of those scripts.

kudos

Telegram @eliasw4u
No, what for when I am using MX-17.1 Linux that works so well?
Switched from Windows to Linux on 9/2015. I use MX-17.1 Linux.
NEW ARRIVAL!!
After 7 months Arrow X 211 is now available for download.
XFCE is back!. We think you will like the new look, and smooth feel.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/arrow-linux-iso/

Telegram @eliasw4u
COMING SOON!!

Arrow X 507 will soon be available for download.

It will be ready for download tomorrow (8th of May 2019) or the day after.

I will post the link here when it is ready.

kudos

Telegram @eliasw4u