Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux Mint 19.1 - where did my Terminator go?
I'm happily using Linux Mint 19.1. I recently downloaded "Terminator" (a fancy terminal program) via "sudo apt get Terminator". Note: it can also be downloaded directly from the Software Manager. Either way, after downloading and even launching from the software manager and using it, after I close it, Terminator is no where to be found. When I visit Menu --> Search and type in Terminator, nothing gets identified. I have to visit the Software Manager, type in Terminator, and launch again from there.

WTF?

How can a piece of software be downloaded and even be used, but it doesn't show up in the list of available software choices in the menu? I'd love to add it's icon to the panel below, but first I have to frigging find it!

Anybody know what's going on here? Thanks.
Regards, Jeff Guynn
Durham, NC (USA)
If it doesn't have a GUI it will not appear in the menu, you have to launch it from a terminal. That's a delicious irony in this case.
Cliff Coggin
Mint 19.2 Cinnamon
(04-22-2020, 10:39 AM)cliffcoggin Wrote: If it doesn't have a GUI it will not appear in the menu, you have to launch it from a terminal. That's a delicious irony in this case.
Funny, somehow I was able to install Terminator in my other laptop, and somehow I wound up with an icon in the panel down below. Totally forgot how I did that, but I know it's possible.
Regards, Jeff Guynn
Durham, NC (USA)
Go into the menu settings it most likely hasn't got a checkmark next to the show up in menu bar setting.