Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem Mounting 2nd SSD
Hello,

Before I begin - I am new to the Linux community; currently using Linux Mint.

I am running Mint 19.3 w/two Samsung SSDs. It recognizes the drive containing Linux Mint and sees the 2nd hard drive. However, when I try to "mount" the drive via Disks. It begins thinking about it but stops after 15 or 20 seconds. In a Linux chat room someone suggested I use G Parted to aid in mounting the 2nd drive instead of Disks.That did not work either. Does anyone have any ideas? The only other option I know is to wipe everything and try to mount both drives at the same time. But, obviously I'm trying to avoid that option. It seems like this would be a simple fix if I knew the commands or a program to resolve it.

Thank you in advance for any wisdom you can provide.

car3
Maybe some terminology is confusing me... Both gnome-disk-utility (disks) and Gparted mount Partitions, not "drives"
do you have any Partitions on that second drive?
(01-14-2020, 02:07 AM)mexsudo Wrote: Maybe some terminology is confusing me... Both gnome-disk-utility (disks) and Gparted mount Partitions, not "drives"
do you have any Partitions on that second drive?

No. My apologies for not clarifying. I was not able to create a partition on the 2nd drive. Which is what I was stating earlier. It would begin to format the dive before creating the partition for mounting.

I've since been able to resolve the issue by changing how the drives are connected to my motherboard.

Thank you for your response mexsudo.

car3
Installing a storage Drive in Linux Mint is easy to do...you did Format the storage Drive first before trying to partition it ? [Image: smileys-confused-787741.gif]
Linux Forever...Windoze Never       [Image: t12701.gif]