Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Printer Help
What is the best and easiest laser printer to install on Ubuntu 18 or 19
Generally the big name printer manufacturers all support printing in Linux, though faxing and scanning functions will restrict your options somewhat. Its probably best to avoid the latest models to have a better chance of support in Linux. My personal experience is only with HP which have been fine from a twenty year old Laserjet 4000 to a new colour M281.
Cliff Coggin
Mint 19.2 Cinnamon
I have experience with brother printers (possible but annoying) and HP printers (easy).

For a lot of HP printers, 'hplib' will contain the necessary drivers. For other manufacturers you might need to hunt down and manually install the drivers.
My website - My git repos

"Things are only impossible until they’re not." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
I use an HP Deskjet 3050 scanner/printer and a Brother HL-2140 laser printer with Ubuntu 16.04. I had little difficulty setting them up, but the Brother is a bit temperamental. It doesn't like to print more than one copy at a time, and sometimes I have to re-boot the computer to get it to print. The HP works perfectly, scanning and printing.

Richard
(01-08-2020, 06:19 PM)MikeHellenic Wrote: What is the best and easiest laser printer to install on Ubuntu 18 or 19

I use a Brother MCF-L3770 color laser. I had no problems installing it.