Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desktop Calendar for Mint 19.2
I already have the Gnome Calendar that came already installed on Mint 19.2 in use but I haven't been exactly pleased with it (although it beats nothing). I went through the repository looking for what might be a better one but, the ones I tried did not impress me (to be polite). I'm spoiled by the free widget calendar I have on my Win 7 machines. It takes up far less room on the desktop, is easier to read, is more customizable, has pop up alerts, and the entries can be easily backed up (the most important part!).

Does anyone know of a better calendar that isn't in the repositories? I'm not adverse to paying for it if it will meet my needs. Also, I want nothing to do with Google (I trust Google as far as I can spit upwind in a class 5 hurricane). I do not need (or want) to be able to sync over the web (sneakernet works just fine).
Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!
Have you tried the KDE calender/email tool?
Also the GNOME project is developing a new calendar application to replace their current one.

If my memory does not deceive me, Thunderbird also has (at least some) calendar functions.
My website - My git repos

"Things are only impossible until they’re not." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
(12-24-2019, 11:52 PM)leon.p Wrote: Have you tried the KDE calender/email tool?
Also the GNOME project is developing a new calendar application to replace their current one.

If my memory does not deceive me, Thunderbird also has (at least some) calendar functions.

I'm still using web based email so I don't think KDE calendar or Thunderbird's calendars would be of use to me.
Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!