Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 MAYFLASH N64 Controller Adaptors
Does anyone own two MAYFLASH N64 Controller Adaptors? I am trying to be able to use four N46 controllers with M64Py which is a front end Mupen64Plus emulator. For whatever reason when I plug in 2 mayflash adapters I am not able to set each controller to Player1, Player2, Player3 and Player4. But for whatever reason it will set Player1 to controller 1 and 3, and set Player 2 to controller 2 and 4 and not allowing you to control Player3 and Player4.

Anyone know why this is and how to solve this. I did some testing and the culprit is mupen64plus itself, not the controllers, not the controller adapters, and not M64Py. I tested the four N64 controllers with the Dolphin emulator and they all worked file. I tried editing the mupen64plus.cfg and manually setting the controllers and launching a four player game in mupen64plus (not M64Py) and the issue occurred and it altered the mupen64plus.cfg file after setting Player1 to controller 1 and 3, and set Player 2 to controller 2 and 4.

I also tried four Xbox 360 wireless controllers in mupen64plus and I had no issue.
(11-19-2019, 04:16 PM)trymeout Wrote: Is it something to do with the Linux kernal or is it something to do with Mupen64Plus or M64Py?

It is unlikely that the kernel caused this. While I do not possess one of these converters, I believe they are simply USB gamepads (actually, each converter will be seen as two gamepads) with the buttons "outsourced" to the N64 controllers. For the kernel, technically both your Xbox controllers and your converters should be generic gamepads, meaning that the fault is that of the emulator.

However, the kernel differentiates between different USB devices via their ID / serial number. If the manufacturer of the converters did a terrible job at randomizing that, you could end up with two of your four (virtual) gamepad devices having the same, leading to the kernel confusing them.

To test this, try another game, like SuperTuxKart, which runs natively on Linux and supports local multiplayer. If this error is also present here, the manufacturer of the converters did a bad job, if not, than the emulator is the culprit.
My website - My git repos

"Things are only impossible until they’re not." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
I did try the two Mayflash adapters with four N64 Controllers in the Dolphin Emulator and there was no issues. It doesn't look like the adapter is the issue now. It is either Mupen64Plus or M64Py. I am having trouble configuring the controllers in Mupen64Plus since I am not good with command line applications. Do you know how to change/set the controller in Mupen64Plus? I cannot find any documentation online.

Looks like by editing the ~/.config/mupen64plus/mupen64plus.cfg you can change the devices used by setting the name to name = "HuiJia USB GamePad" for all four controllers and setting device to 0, 1, 2 and 3. I edit the mupen64plus.cfg file and saved it and then launched mupen64plus with this command

Code:
/usr/bin/mupen64plus "/usr/share/Games/Nintendo 64/Mario Kart 64.n64"

But the issue still persists and after I looked at the mupen64plus.cfg file the devices have changed and the device names were changed. Here is the terminal output when I ran mupen64plus

Code:
[me@PersonalDesktop ~]$ /usr/bin/mupen64plus "/usr/share/Games/Nintendo 64/Mario Kart 64.n64"
 __  __                         __   _  _   ____  _             
|  \/  |_   _ _ __   ___ _ __  / /_ | || | |  _ \| |_   _ ___ 
| |\/| | | | | '_ \ / _ \ '_ \| '_ \| || |_| |_) | | | | / __|  
| |  | | |_| | |_) |  __/ | | | (_) |__   _|  __/| | |_| \__ \  
|_|  |_|\__,_| .__/ \___|_| |_|\___/   |_| |_|   |_|\__,_|___/  
             |_|         http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/  
Mupen64Plus Console User-Interface Version 2.5.0

UI-Console: attached to core library 'Mupen64Plus Core' version 2.5.0
UI-Console:             Includes support for Dynamic Recompiler.
Core: Goodname: Mario Kart 64 (U) [!]
Core: Name: MARIOKART64         
Core: MD5: 3A67D9986F54EB282924FCA4CD5F6DFF
Core: CRC: 3E5055B6 2E92DA52
Core: Imagetype: .v64 (byteswapped)
Core: Rom size: 12582912 bytes (or 12 Mb or 96 Megabits)
Core: Version: 1446
Core: Manufacturer: Nintendo
Core: Country: USA
UI-Console Status: Cheat codes disabled.
UI-Console: using Video plugin: 'Glide64mk2 Video Plugin' v2.5.0
UI-Console: using Audio plugin: 'Mupen64Plus SDL Audio Plugin' v2.5.0
UI-Console: using Input plugin: 'Mupen64Plus SDL Input Plugin' v2.5.0
UI-Console: using RSP plugin: 'Hacktarux/Azimer High-Level Emulation RSP Plugin' v2.5.0
Video: opening /usr/share/mupen64plus/Glide64mk2.ini

INI_FindSection trying to find name for DEFAULT
Video: 3DNOW! detected.

Input: 5 SDL joysticks were found.
Input: N64 Controller #1: Using auto-config with SDL joystick 0 ('Microsoft X-Box 360 pad')
Input: N64 Controller #2: Using auto-config with SDL joystick 1 ('HuiJia  USB GamePad')
Input: N64 Controller #3: Using auto-config with SDL joystick 1 ('HuiJia  USB GamePad')
Input: N64 Controller #4: Using auto-config with SDL joystick 2 ('HuiJia  USB GamePad')
Input: 4 controller(s) found, 4 plugged in and usable in the emulator
Input: Rumble activated on N64 joystick #1
Input Warning: No rumble supported on N64 joystick #2
Input Warning: No rumble supported on N64 joystick #3
Input Warning: No rumble supported on N64 joystick #4
Input: Mupen64Plus SDL Input Plugin version 2.5.0 initialized.
INI_FindSection trying to find name for DEFAULT
INI_FindSection trying to find name for MARIOKART64
Video: Using TEXUMA extension.

&ConfigOpenSection is 0x7fd06304d478
(II) Setting video mode 1920x1080...
Core: Setting video mode: 1920x1080
Congratulations, you have 4 auxilliary buffers, we'll use them wisely !
packed pixels extension used
NPOT extension used
use_fbo 1
Video: InitCombine() 
Video: extensions 
Video: initialized.
Video: 

Audio: Initializing SDL audio subsystem...
Input: Rumble activated on N64 joystick #1
Input Warning: No rumble supported on N64 joystick #2
Input Warning: No rumble supported on N64 joystick #3
Input Warning: No rumble supported on N64 joystick #4
Core: Starting R4300 emulator: Dynamic Recompiler
Core: R4300: starting 64-bit dynamic recompiler at: 0x7fd067e3ea80
INI_FindSection trying to find name for UCODE
Core Status: Stopping emulation.
Core: R4300 emulator finished.
Core Status: Rom closed.
[me@PersonalDesktop ~]$