Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphics Tablets? Have any?
Hi, I am just trying to find out extra information on what grahpics tablets are available as digimend is lacking in various tablet information for drawing.

Does anyone have a graphics tablet, or know if any work with linux that you have had etc, as some in digimend are very old or very expensive, discontinued, not very useful or questionable in versions having been updated etc.
Any help appreciated, thanks.
I don't have one, but I believe Wacom are supported.
Cliff Coggin
Mint 18.3
Hi dai-3,
I am using a wacom tablet with Clip Studio Paint pro. Works like a charm!
Those tablets aren't expensive, about 40 euro, have good pressure sensitivity and are supported by Linux

Have fun
(11-18-2019, 05:31 PM)Pim Wrote: Hi dai-3,
I am using a wacom tablet with Clip Studio Paint pro. Works like a charm!
Those tablets aren't expensive, about 40 euro, have good pressure sensitivity and are supported by Linux

Have fun

I didn't know you could run Clip Studio on Linux? For some reason I thought, that under wine there are issues with pressure sensitivity with drawing programs.
I use an older wacom tablet, and it works like a charm, I just plugged it in. You might run into problems with configuring buttons, for me the utility that comes with Linux Mint Cinnamon works just fine.
I assume if Digimend didn't have information about certain tablets ,they might not work.
Hi,

Well, with a bit of tinkering Clip Studio Paint works just fine, even with pressure sensitivity. I even think that some short cut keys work. I haven't programmed them. I now use play on linux for Clip Studio, but you can also run it thru WINE
waiting for a tablet 2nd hand thats on digimend list, as wacoms are not on the list at all, and huions are said to be a bit hit and miss with breakdowns.
(11-25-2019, 03:29 PM)dai-3 Wrote: waiting for a tablet 2nd hand thats on digimend list, as wacoms are not on the list at all, and huions are said to be a bit hit and miss with breakdowns.

Hi Dai-3,

ehhh, in Software manager you just need to type Wacom and voila, there are your Wacom drivers. Those drivers come from the Linux Wacom project

Have fun
My wacom CTH-460 works fine (system info below). I don't use it very much, mostly in GIMP when I need precision. I would probably use it more if I had a more traditional desk setup. I type on my lap you the wacom on my lap but the wacom feels awkward.
Processor : 6x AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T Processor
Memory : 8174MB
Operating System : Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia
Desktop Environment : Cinnamon 3.6.7 
Vendor : NVIDIA Corporation
Renderer : GeForce GT 520/PCIe/SSE2
Version : 4.5.0 NVIDIA 384.130
Direct Rendering : Yes
ATA Samsung SSD 840