Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update for November, 2019
Greetings and Salutations!

This is just a note to let you kind people know what I’m up to. It’s been a while since I posted much of anything, especially on YouTube and that is mainly because there’s not much to talk about lately. That said, I have been busy nonetheless. I am currently getting geared up to start a new job that I will tell you more about later. All I will say is that it’s amazing what you can do from home these days! I am in the middle of rearranging my normal workstation to accommodate new hardware just for the project. More to come...

The holidays are fast approaching and we will be getting a fresh new revision of Linux Mint coming up around Christmas. As usual, I plan on showing how to upgrade from the older version and we’ll take a look around at the new features. I also have some ideas for non-Linux related videos that I’d like to do very soon. There may be “a video about audio”  later this coming week… We shall see how it goes.

The BU script has been getting a lot of very nice reviews lately and I’d like to thank everyone who has taken the time to download and test the latest version 1.1. I have been testing a new script that lets you run a BU backup through SSH on a remote machine that has a USB drive with a BU_Drive partition hooked up. The only reason I have not already added it to the BU GitHub repo is a bit of apprehension about folks understanding how it works and what it’s for. I find it most convenient to sneak up on someone using one of the networked computers in my house and plug in a drive and then go back to my own computer to log in and run the backup while they keep working. This “Sneaker Net” approach works best for me because trying to pull a backup through wonky wi-fi over SSH is maddening. Plugging in the drive locally is so much faster… Still, I’m afraid that some will confuse the two concepts and therefore am hesitant to release the new script just yet. What are your thoughts?

As time has gone on. I have come to realize that it’s OK to let produced content ebb and flow naturally rather than try to produce videos or articles just to have something to say. The whole creator/consumer relationship on social media is evolving quickly these days. People are not as ready to jump into a conversation as they used to be. That makes your constructive feedback more valuable than ever and so I’d like to thank everyone who follows EzeeLinux. You guys are what makes it happen and I’m grateful for your support.

Smile

Joe Collins
-- Your Fearless Leader!

I've used XBT and both versions of BU. No complaints, they do the job. I'm looking forward to seeing your new project. I can definitely see where remotely running a local backup on a remote machine could be useful.
(11-16-2019, 08:39 AM)rickromig Wrote: I've used XBT and both versions of BU. No complaints, they do the job. I'm looking forward to seeing your new project. I can definitely see where remotely running a local backup on a remote machine could be useful.

Cool. Thanks for the feedback. Smile
-- Your Fearless Leader!

There's no point pushing out weekly or even daily videos Joe, as a few folk do, unless you have something new to say. I look forward to seeing your views on Mint 19.3 as I shall have to upgrade from 18.3 in the near future.
Cliff Coggin
Mint 18.3
As far as Mint is concerned my version 19.1 is working really well.  I don't want to mess anything up with an in place  upgrade.  I think I'll stick with it till EOL in 2023.  I'll probably install the newest version of Mint on Virtual box and play with it there. I will want to watch your video on the mint upgrade.
Cool
Joe, I loved the video showing your voicetracking setup, and I just dropped in on B99.9's stream to see what it sounds like...it sounds great! (And so do you Smile )

Is WZBB still in the studio along U.S. 220? When I lived and worked in Roanoke, I passed by it all the time to and from the Triad.

And one of my employees lived basically around the corner from the station...commuting up to Roanoke to work with us.