Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
relatime difference
Hello Everyone:
Here is something I found that is interesting to me, maybe someone can explain out there in Linux Land.
I get the following information about my /dev/sda1 SSD laptop boot drive when I use the command "cat /proc/mounts" in the terminal. Thats what Mint put in when I installed Mint 19.1. System is working great with out an problems on my Lenovo T430 with 180GB SSD and 8 Gigs of memory
CODE: SELECT ALL
Code:
/dev/sda1 / ext4 rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro,data=ordered 0 0

And I get the following in my fstab file.
CODE: SELECT ALL
Code:
UUID=a693fde7-85d5-4704-8897-d24e6d447abb    /    ext4    errors=remount-ro    0    1
/swapfile    none    swap    sw    0    0

In the fstab file there is no mention of relatime and other things, but in cat /proc/mounts there is relatime. Is this correct? I thought both should be the same.

Just curious Thanks.
I get similar output from those commands on my system. A quick search on Google seems to indicate that these are not errors but are telling you that if an error mounting the root partiion as read-write does occur, the system will mount the root partition read-only to prevent data loss.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/707118/w...nt-ro-mean
The values shown by 'cat /proc/mounts' are the default settings for 'ext4', combined with whatever you tell the system to use in '/etc/fstab'. Nothing wrong and nothing to worry about.

HTH