Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
installed Ubuntu Eoan Ermine
Upgrading from from 18.04 to 1904 on one of my machines i accidentally (lol) installed "Ubuntu Eoan Ermine edition " (19.10) instead, short of a full blown install what would be the easiest way to fall back to 19.04 and keep my data and programs?????
BU my home dir and do a reinstall is the only option i see????
thanks Huh
If you just keep upgrading 19.10, in about a month it will be the current release. Why change back to 19.04?

Richard
I am not sure what your computer usage. Are you using it for work/school? or it is just a home PC? If it is for important things, then is better BU your data and redo a fresh install? even tho the final release of 19.10 is in a month and at this point in time it should be relatively stable.

If is just a home PC use BU and timeshift, and use it as it is. It is just a month you not gonna have a bad time with this version.
(09-14-2019, 10:01 AM)Tuxinho Wrote: I am not sure what your computer usage. Are you using it for work/school? or it is just a home PC? If it is for important things, then is better BU your data and redo a fresh install? even tho the final release of 19.10 is in a month and at this point in time it should be relatively stable.

If is just a home PC use BU and timeshift, and use it as it is. It is just a month you not gonna have a bad time with this version.

yes that seems the best alternative just keep it updated and wait , i have several laptops in run different versions of linux on, mint, parrot, ubunto, kali, manjaro (love to play with different versions) but i stick with Ubuntu 18.04 for regular machine, thanks guys for the suggestion