Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decryt SSD
hey

I am having great difficulties finding a contemporary guide that actually works, even slightest unclarity with my noobish skills I get stuck.

See, I have mint installed and sadly and painfully i have to dual boot, i have to install windows because i need that worthless windows store for the age of empires, i bought a cd key.

so, it seems i have to first decrypt using a live cd, then resize and finally encrypt again, THEN i can install windows 10 on the unallocated free space and after that, i assume i can choose OS and if mint, then option to enter password and continue booting, is this correct?
If you need windows for only one program, you should try a virtual machine with a windows install inside of your Linux install. I don't know much about the topic myself, but experts say that QEMU brings you very good performance.
I am working on an Arch installation in a VM that will be moved to an USB stick.
If virtual machine will not suffice and you really must dual boot, you need to install Windows first because Windows will not recognise Linux, whereas Linux will recognise and work around Windows.
Cliff Coggin
Mint 18.3
(09-09-2019, 08:51 AM)premier69 Wrote: hey

I am having great difficulties finding a contemporary guide that actually works, even slightest unclarity with my noobish skills I get stuck.

See, I have mint installed and sadly and painfully i have to dual boot, i have to install windows because i need that worthless windows store for the age of empires, i bought a cd key.

so, it seems i have to first decrypt using a live cd, then resize and finally encrypt again, THEN i can install windows 10 on the unallocated free space and after that, i assume i can choose OS and if mint, then option to enter password and continue booting, is this correct?
Hi
Question: what version of age of empires do you have?
Because Age of Empires works really well under proton in Steam. Just install your linux distro and install Steam for linux....Some distro's have it in their flat-pack thingy. Add your game to steam and play!

no biggy

If you have games and wonder if it will run on Linux go to Protondb.com, or Lutris.com or PlayonLinux.com, i don't actually know if it's all .com.....just DuckDuckgo-it....

Cheers
(09-10-2019, 02:07 PM)Pim Wrote:

Hi
Because Age of Empires works really well under proton in Steam. Just install your linux distro and install Steam for linux....Some distro's have it in their flat-pack thingy. Add your game to steam and play!

no biggy

If you have games and wonder if it will run on Linux go to Protondb.com, or Lutris.com or PlayonLinux.com, i don't actually know if it's all .com.....just DuckDuckgo-it....

Cheers

hmm, wait a minute. i could only find age of empires definitive edition using GAMIVO.COM - Cheap Game CD Keys and they are for Microsofts garbage eco-system, windows store. I found it on steam but just assumed they would redirect you to their launcher like the other douchebag AAA companies.

because steam is what i was hoping for since i figured I'd have a chance with proton.
I have Linux Mint and it is simply a beautiful piece of engineering. mostly anything windows related i try using wine, etc works like a charm.
Imagine the pain of having to sit and install windows and figure out their stupid system of NEEDING windows store, login to account, and for whatever reason use the xbox app to be able to play any multiplaying.
(09-11-2019, 03:37 AM)premier69 Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 02:07 PM)Pim Wrote:

Hi

no biggy

Cheers

hmm, wait a minute. i could only find age of empires definitive edition using GAMIVO.COM - Cheap Game CD Keys and they are for Microsofts garbage eco-system, windows store. I found it on steam but just assumed they would redirect you to their launcher like the other douchebag AAA companies.

because steam is what i was hoping for since i figured I'd have a chance with proton.
I have Linux Mint and it is simply a beautiful piece of engineering. mostly anything windows related i try using wine, etc works like a charm.
Imagine the pain of having to sit and install windows and figure out their stupid system of NEEDING windows store, login to account, and for whatever reason use the xbox app to be able to play any multiplaying.
hmmmmm.....it seems that exactly that version of age of empires is borked on steam....bummer