Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woohoo! Up and running
It took less than 5 minutes to load Ubuntu Mate 18.04 LTS on my Laptop (10 year old I may add). It is screaming. Thanks everyone for the help and encouragement. Now start to learn a new operating system Smile
LinuxMint 19.2 (Cinnamon)
Lenovo B570
Intel Pentium B950
circa 2009
Cool Cool beans!

Welcome to the EzeeTalk forum, and I hope you enjoy your new Linux adventrue.
Idea Give a person a fish, and you feed them for a day. Teach a person how to fish, and you feed them for a lifetime. ✝️ Proverbs 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.  (Linux Mint 19 XFCE)
Good to hear it. Hope you make a backup before you experiment too much.
Cliff Coggin
Mint 19.2 Cinnamon
(08-31-2019, 12:33 AM)John Swisher Wrote: It took less than 5 minutes to load Ubuntu Mate 18.04 LTS on my Laptop (10 year old I may add). It is screaming. Thanks everyone for the help and encouragement. Now start to learn a new operating system Smile

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Great to see another person keeping an older machine running and a new addition to the global Linux community.
Asus X58L
Debian 8 with MATE
I'm just going to echo what everyone else has said and Welcome to Linux!

Nothing like keeping good computer equipment out of the land fill and making it useful again!
That alone is a good feeling.
Now... "Go Forth and learn all things Linux-ie" Be happy with your new found Linux-ness and have fun!

Always remember, ASK those Questions here! Lots of folks willing to help Here!

LLAP
Taglines of the BBS Days:
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. 
  Everybody remember where we parked. - Kirk
    Not everything in life is a 1 or a 0.
       Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again...
I am loving the Linux adventure so far. It's nice to have a command-line to be involved with what you are doing, instead of mindlessly clicking and praying MS did it right. Do I have win10 machines, yes. Do to my employer I must have access to a Win machine to work from home. I am slowly migrating to all Linux for my true home computing.
Lenovo B570
Intel Pentium B950
circa 2009
NICE! Long live old laptops! I'm typing this on a Lenovo x200 running Trisquel.
Loved the X200, needed a bigger screen I digress.
Lenovo B570
Intel Pentium B950
circa 2009