Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ezeedark theme
I have a quick question about "The Ezeedark theme"...
I like the theme as t makes it easier for me to read because of my blindness and all the white is hard on my eyes to see...

Sooo, Mr Cleverwise, server guy guru, nice guy..

Why is it that some poste start out as white text on gray background and in mid sentence the text changes to black text on a gray background and even worse, light gray text on a gray background?

To see the text I have to highlight it with the mouse and select it all to read it... I used the The Ezeedark theme when first turned on and had this issue back then and stopped use the theme for that reason.

I started using it again the other day and I see the issue is still there where the text is unreadable at times...
I have 2 recent post that this happens to also...
Just wondering what's UP?
(BTW I use Mint and Chrome)...

Thanks!

LLAP
Taglines of the BBS Days:
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. 
  Everybody remember where we parked. - Kirk
    Not everything in life is a 1 or a 0.
       Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again...
When you just type some text, it will change the colour depending on which colourscheme the reader is using. However, sometimes people for whatever reason randomly decide to manually choose a colour for (portions of) their text. Since these people more often than not use the light theme, they'll use a dark-ish colour, which will be neigh impossible to read using the dark colourscheme.
My website - My git repos

"Things are only impossible until they’re not." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
I have a similar issue. When certain words are highlighted in posts (like "WiFi" and "Bluetooth") they appear as bright white on a light beige or yellow background (sorry, I'm colorblind). That makes them impossible to read. At first I didn't even realize there was text there...I thought something had been deliberately blurred out. Is this a site specific settings issue, or is it a setting on my Mint 19 machine?
People seem to love being cute, often at the expense of being understood. Whatever happened to black type? Sure, it's not exciting, but it's readable, even by us old farts. So many web pages now have gray type. What's the point? I can hardly read it.

Richard
Like Bescott I stopped using the dark theme soon after trying it, and for much the same reasons. In general I prefer all theming to be light anyway so it isn't a problem for me.

I agree with Richard that attempts by some folk to be trendy with grey on grey are self defeating in that I simply ignore anything that is illegible. As I have said elsewhere, there is a good reason that for centuries printing and writing was done with black ink on a white background.
Cliff Coggin
Mint 19.2 Cinnamon
(08-27-2019, 07:53 PM)bescott9944 Wrote: I have a quick question about "The Ezeedark theme"...
I like the theme as t makes it easier for me to read because of my blindness and all the white is hard on my eyes to see...

Why is it that some poste start out as white text on gray background and in mid sentence the text changes to black text on a gray background and even worse, light gray text on a gray background?

To see the text I have to highlight it with the mouse and select it all to read it... I used the The Ezeedark theme when first turned on and had this issue back then and stopped use the theme for that reason.

I started using it again the other day and I see the issue is still there where the text is unreadable at times...

Thanks!

LLAP

Well on the dark theme the default text color is white.  What happens are posters are free to change the color of the text.  If you look up to the right of the two A's there is a color choice option when using the full editor.

What is happening is some how the user changed the color although I think at times it is unintentional. I have verified this by looking at the post code and noting the font color option has been set.

Unfortunately many colors do not work well on a dark background.   I personally don't like dark backgrounds and stick with the white one.   I do understand for some that isn't an option.  I guess we could look into disabling font colors so the default on dark would be white and on white it would black.

I do agree that it is annoying and distracting.  Also I completely agree many sites pick clashing colors.
Jeremy (Mr. Server)

* Desktop: Ubuntu MATE
* Windows are for your walls, Apple is for your health, Linux is for your computer
(08-28-2019, 04:15 PM)cleverwise Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 07:53 PM)bescott9944 Wrote: I have a quick question about "The Ezeedark theme"...

Thanks!

LLAP

Well on the dark theme the default text color is white.  What happens are posters are free to change the color of the text.  If you look up to the right of the two A's there is a color choice option when using the full editor.

What is happening is some how the user changed the color although I think at times it is unintentional. I have verified this by looking at the post code and noting the font color option has been set.

Unfortunately many colors do not work well on a dark background.   I personally don't like dark backgrounds and stick with the white one.   I do understand for some that isn't an option.  I guess we could look into disabling font colors so the default on dark would be white and on white it would black.

I do agree that it is annoying and distracting.  Also I completely agree many sites pick clashing colors.

I have also noticed that sometime the font color just changes at random... I type some text and do a "Preview Post" and without me changing anything it changes all by it's self.
Also when copying text for a "Quote" once in a while it changes at random in the post where it is copied from... Big Grin

Yep, I know that the "A's" and the Color pallet is at the top and I have used them a time or two. Not even thinking of the Dark Theme when doing so and I am sure that did not look good...

Quote:   I do understand for some that isn't an option.  I guess we could look into disabling font colors so the default on dark would be white and on white it would black.

Well I guess that is a option, but what other issues will that cause? Just a thought?
I never thought of the other Websites having different fonts and colors from one site to another site and how that will affect stuff during a post when "copying and pasting" text and links...
I have noticed that sometimes the fonts change when copying links from youTube and the like... ;D

I know it is what it is and I just go with the flow... Lol...
Thanks for the reply...
LLAP
Taglines of the BBS Days:
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. 
  Everybody remember where we parked. - Kirk
    Not everything in life is a 1 or a 0.
       Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again...
Hmmm.... I have not seen this color changing behavior when just typing.  That is definitely odd behavior.  If I could duplicate it I would see about what is happening to stop it.

Yes I have seen color and font changes when copying in text.  That is why it is best to paste in plain text when inserting text.  This for sure could also change what is typed after that insert.  I always use paste as plain text.   Smile

Web design is always a challenge.  No one likes everything and now thanks to mobile there are even more variables.  Many sites fail but granted it is a lot of work.

I am always open for suggestions for possible alternations.
Jeremy (Mr. Server)

* Desktop: Ubuntu MATE
* Windows are for your walls, Apple is for your health, Linux is for your computer
I don't know if it is the case here but some sites have it set to change colors of links when they have been clicked on.

I have 2 Onlinesbi sudoku incometaxindiaefiling recent post that this happens to also...
Thanks!

LLAP
these people more often than not use the light theme, they'll use a dark-ish colour, which will be neigh impossible to read using the dark colourscheme.