Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Thoughts On Microsofts Visual Studio Code For Linux
I see where your coming from, I went from Brackets to Atom to VSC. My own thoughts, I use VSC because its often used by professionals and it worked very well and there are times when you need to be able to be part of a group and its hard enough being 'that guy' sometimes using Linux.

However I also constantly use KWrite or Kate (I flip between the two for some reason). I find them very powerful for switching between bash scripts and JSON etc, or even just a quick bit of Markup or even just text!

The bottom line is I can't just use a tool because its what's 'expected' of me because I'm a foss/Linux user but because its the best tool I can get my hands on, though I do try to balance it out if I can.

If VSC disappeared I'd switch back to Atom or Brackets etc, Im not beholden to VSC like one might be with other MS products.
(09-10-2018, 04:24 PM)Tomdom Wrote: I see where your coming from, I went from Brackets to Atom to VSC. My own thoughts, I use VSC because its often used by professionals and it worked very well and there are times when you need to be able to be part of a group and its hard enough being 'that guy' sometimes using Linux.

However I also constantly use KWrite or Kate (I flip between the two for some reason). I find them very powerful for switching between bash scripts and JSON etc, or even just a quick bit of Markup or even just text!

The bottom line is I can't just use a tool because its what's 'expected' of me because I'm a foss/Linux user but because its the best tool I can get my hands on, though I do try to balance it out if I can.

If VSC disappeared I'd switch back to Atom or Brackets etc, Im not beholden to VSC like one might be with other MS products.

Yes, exactly. VSC is great for a lot of reasons. But if it was gone tomorrow, I would be using Sublime, Kate, and Atom. And I wouldn't miss a beat. currently I use Sublime 2, Kate , and VSC (Atom is installed). occasionally I do group work, though I usually work alone. so that part isn't usually an issue for me. But I completely agree.

My Thought Is
You use whatever it takes to be successful. and if that means windows, then so be it.
Currently I am in a position where i don't have to have windows,,,, So I don't.

There is not a whole lot of difference between Atom and VSC. accept sometimes Atom is painfully slow. and the layout is a bit different. They are still close enough to be interchangeable. But I like the layout in VSC better, and as noted, it is faster.

thanks for your post
kudos
A computer without Microsoft is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

Telegram @eliasw4u
Today i just realized i also use Spyder3 for most of my python stuff. cant believe i forgot that. i don't get to use it often, but i like it when i do.
A computer without Microsoft is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

Telegram @eliasw4u