Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backing up certain folders.
On my Desktop there are 8 separate folders I'm using for a project. I would like to select only the 8 folders and back up to a partition on my 1TB external HDD. I usually select the 8 folders I want to backup in caja file manager and copy and paste to the HDD external partition, that's fine but when I do it a second or third time ETC. I get windows popping up asking if I want to merge folders, replace files ETC which is a pain. So I delete all the 8 folders in the HDD partition re-copy and paste them, which is also a pain. Is there a backup Application that I can select the 8 folders and back them up incrementally instead of using copy and paste? I tried lucky backup but it wouldn't let me select all the 8 separate folders, just one folder. I also have Grsync but haven't tried it that way yet. I also tried back in time but to me it's hard to understand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rich 

For some reason the text in this post cannot be seen so I'll re-post it.

1TB external HDD. I usually select the 8 folders I want to backup in caja file manager and copy and paste to the HDD external partition, that's fine but when I do it a second or third time ETC. I get windows popping up asking if I want to merge folders, replace files ETC which is a pain. So I delete all the 8 folders in the HDD partition re-copy and paste them, which is also a pain. Is there a backup Application that I can select the 8 folders and back them up incrementally instead of using copy and paste? I tried lucky backup but it wouldn't let me select all the 8 separate folders, just one folder. I also have Grsync but haven't tried it that way yet. I also tried back in time but to me it's hard to understand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I changed back to default settings so I can read the text.  Don't know why it was text was dark and unreadable in dark mode??? 

Rich 

Messages In This Thread
Backing up certain folders. - by rjs1943 - 08-04-2019, 05:38 PM
RE: Backing up certain folders. - by Richard - 08-04-2019, 06:26 PM
RE: Backing up certain folders. - by mexsudo - 08-05-2019, 03:52 PM
RE: Backing up certain folders. - by cliffcoggin - 08-05-2019, 04:59 PM