Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error: attempt to read or write outside of disk "hd0" [SOLVED]
(08-25-2018, 08:29 PM)cleverwise Wrote: This could be the sign of a hard drive issue.  However grub is basically saying it can't load the OS.

You may be able to correct this with a grub-update, however how comfortable are you troubleshooting advanced grub issues?

Many thanks Cleverwise. I don't mind trying entering some commands to try and fix grub, but I am clueless as to where to start. There is no data on the HDD that I need so if I mess up, it's not a problem if I have to reinstall Ubuntu.

The thing I find most strange is that if I press the reset button (on the actual PC case) after a few goes the PC does boot into the Ubuntu login screen. Would that seem to point more to a hardware or software problem? While using Ubuntu I've also had a random problem where the screen goes completely white (or green etc) and the only way to get back is to restart the PC - could that be related to the boot issue?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Error: attempt to read or write outside of disk "hd0" - by creative42 - 08-27-2018, 06:10 PM