Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new guy .. be nice ok ..
hi guys .. first time here and first post so .. be gentle with me ok .. i'm fragile .. actually no i'm not .. just confused .. to make it as brief as i can i've been an end user on computers since the 70's .. and usually did ok with them . had my own busines in the 90's and got my own computer and ran ms dos .. then got windows 95 and then 98 and then me and then xp and then vista and then 7 .. and thats where i drew the line .. i'm not goin to 10 .. i don't care if they wanna gimme it for free ..i'm just not .. i had a custom built machine that i put zorin 12 on it about a year or so ago .. probably longer cause they're up to 15 now .. and i liked it well enough .but i couldn't really find the imagin software i liked .. i use faststone cause its quick and easy and everything is right there for most of the things you wanna do . and its not available for linux ..and then everything crashed .. i thought it was zorin but it was actually the hardrive .. a samsung ssd too . so who woulda thunk it ?? in the meantime i got another asus essdentio machine cause i already ad one of them and liked it a lot and went back to windows on that machine too .. so everything was fine till windows threw me off the bus and under the bus for the last time with 7 .. end of life and all that b.s .. so i'm thinkin of linux .. but somethin thats gonna be stable .. it don't have to be the latest and greatest .. it just has to work .. i'm gettin too old to keep learnin new software all the time .. 

so my big questions are .. how do i find out what linux would work well with an asus essentio .. seems its also the machine that can give you headaches so why try and install somethin thats gonna be a fight from start to finish ?? and i'd like to try a few different distro's on a few different machines i have here .. an old 32 bit vista machine .. as well as an old acer laptop and a sony windows 7 laptop .. 2 distros i had in mind for the asus machines was zorin 15 and linux mint .. not sure which version of mint tho .. the most stable version .. i guess from there i can give my 2 cents on which ones i like and why .. commin from windows it might help someone else .. but the truth here is i'm not lookin to be a coder or a programmer .. just an end user .. any and all reply's would be appreciated .. thanks a bunch .. frenchy ..

Messages In This Thread
new guy .. be nice ok .. - by frenchy - 02-11-2020, 06:19 PM
RE: new guy .. be nice ok .. - by spudnuts - 02-11-2020, 07:46 PM
RE: new guy .. be nice ok .. - by frenchy - 02-11-2020, 08:27 PM
RE: new guy .. be nice ok .. - by cleverwise - 02-11-2020, 08:57 PM
RE: new guy .. be nice ok .. - by frenchy - 02-15-2020, 09:31 PM
RE: new guy .. be nice ok .. - by kb0hae - 02-15-2020, 10:51 PM
RE: new guy .. be nice ok .. - by cliffcoggin - 02-11-2020, 09:24 PM
RE: new guy .. be nice ok .. - by frenchy - 02-11-2020, 10:27 PM
RE: new guy .. be nice ok .. - by kb0hae - 02-12-2020, 03:56 AM
RE: new guy .. be nice ok .. - by rick forges - 02-12-2020, 03:49 AM
RE: new guy .. be nice ok .. - by spudnuts - 02-12-2020, 03:39 PM